Wednesday, December 26, 2007



I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and that Santa was good to you. :)

Here are some pictures from our early Christmas dinner with Pappy Dave, Grandma Sharon & Aunt Allison.

Let me give you some background on this dinner: I recieved my December copy of Everyday Food Magazine in the mail sometime in November. The holiday menu looked delicious - standing rib roast with rosemary garlic roasted potatos and a chocolate-nut buche de noel for dessert. Yum. The second I saw it, I knew that this was the dinner I wanted to make for Christmas.

I would read the recipes over and over again - I could practically recite them.

Well, Saturday, I made my Holiday meal.

Standing Rib Roast, garlic rosemary roasted potatos, spinach gratin (courtesy of Ina Garten) and the buche de noel for dessert.

It was the most amazing Christmas dinner ever. The food was so yummy. Corey & I even uncorked our wine from Tarrara that we got in Virginia when we went to visit friends.

Allison helped me make the buche - complete with marzipan mushrooms. I was quite impressed with myself. It looked so beautiful I didn't want to cut it!










Christmas Eve, I had to work until 1. Corey, Syd & I went to the children's mass at church. It was adorable - they had the kids act out the nativity story. It was so stinkin' cute - I was tearing.

We came home & I made ham & mashed potatos and we vegged on the couch watching the Simpson's Movie.

Christmas Day, we lazed around the house after opening presents. I napped, installed the new carseat and cleaned up. It was the perfect Christmas day - nice & relaxing.

No comments: