Tuesday, August 16, 2005

We partied like it was 1999...

Oh my goodness - what a birthday! WOOHOOO!!

Thursday, my actual bday, I arrived at work to find balloons (from Debbie & Lauren), cake (from Debbie) & presents (from Jaime) on my desk! Yay!! My coworkers rock! About half-way thru my day I got a beautiful basket of flowers from Kris, Meena, Gemma & Dawn. Then...about 3 o'clock, I got a dozen red roses...from Tom. They are beautiful. Thank you.

My phone & email were blowing up with all the Happy Birthday wishes. It made me a very happy girl.

That night, after I took my Chem lab practical, I met up with the girls at Bleachers for some fun. It ended up being Me, Theresa, Lauren, Jaime, Stacy, Elena & Jen. Bobbi-Jo and her new lover stopped by for a bit. We met some new people and some old friends of Stacy's. Chris stopped by for a bit and we all hung out and played pool and I drank my face off and I even got to sit on a Harley. The sexy bartender hooked us up all night. Sweet. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!! After, Jen drove me home. Thank you Jen! You ROCK!

The next day I woke up with a raging headache & reeking of SoCo. I got up and showered and got dressed as best I could and Mom took me to lunch and to see March of the Penguins. It was adorable & yes, I cried my eyes out! Then it was home to prepare for the night ahead.

I met up with Elena & Stacy at Elena's apartment. We then headed over to Nanuet to pick up Loveleen before hitting Fiesta Mexico for some din din. Yummmy.....vegetarian platter filled my belly (along with a REALLY strong Bicardi & diet coke). Then we made the trek into Manhattan to the Culture Club.

After parking we walked a couple of blocks (me in 3 1/2 inch heels, mind you) to meet Steve outside the club. He was equipped with three disposable cameras to document the evening. We got inside and the partying began!! Culture Club was AMAZING. Wicked awesome 80's club!! Sherrol & her pal Lisa joined us shortly after and we partied it up.

Steve gave me my bday present - a gift certificate to Sephora - and informed me the other half was on its way. A Napoleon bobble-head for my car and the Vote For Pedro tshirt. :) Such a sweetie.

So we danced the night away to fabulous 80's tunes and drank some crazy shots like the Ghostbusters & the Rubiks Cube. I had an amazing drink called the Ronald Raegan. So yummy. Then it was after 2:30 and we decided to head home. Steve walked us safely to our car while taking video of us. We were ROCK STARS!!

I got home after 4 and collapsed.

Saturday I met Steve in Brooklyn for some sushi and some snuggles before I went home and got dinner at Dave & Buster's. Remind me...Haagan Daaz = Evil

Sunday I spent relaxing before grabbing some food with Corey at Outback.

So thats it...my exciting bday weekend!! It really was a blast!!

Nothing much going on this week...

Catching Treble's softball game tomorrow night - if I feel okay. Woke up this morning with a raging sinus headache. Blaaaahhhh......

Friday is the AIDS fundraiser in the city and Saturday is the dinner party at Rob's.

Thats all for now...

No comments: