Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bed Rest Day 47 - Baby Shower Awesomeness

Saturday was my baby shower and it was the most awesome baby shower ever. :) Kelly did an awesome job of organizing it & I cannot thank her enough. I appreciate everyone that came & all the goodies our little girl has to start out her life.
Corey's mom & step-dad were up this weekend, too. They worked so hard in our spare bedroom (aka - the nursery). Cleaning out the nursery was no small task. It was full of tons & tons of crap - mine & Corey's - from when I moved in. Now it looks like a pept0-bismol bomb went off in it because of all the pink! We threw out a lot of stuff, reorganized and it almost feels like we're ready for baby Parker (name of the week).
I'm feeling fantastic. Is this the calm before the storm? I've been practicing my breathing and labor positions. They get me through the contractions I have at night and take the pressure off my belly. I swear I've doubled in size since last week.
Corey & I also installed the car seat base in my car. That was a sight to see. Neither one of us had any idea what we were doing. It was great. We got it in, though. Our little one will be secure.
Less than two months to my due date! Can you believe it?? I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving! Where does the time go?

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I've heard from all the mommies at my job that you feel your best right before you give birth. I guess this is the calm before the storm. Get your sleep now! LOL. :)

kinderkelly95 said...

:o) Parker? Ok....sorry... I think Barker. Which leads me to The Price is Right or kids making really mean doggie noises...lol! glad you enjoyed the other day.

Unknown said...

Ummm... Not to be a wiseass or to question yours or Cory's abilities, but please, just for an extra precaution (since this is the first time you put in the car seat base), take a drive by your local police station and have them inspect and ensure the seat in in properly. They will happily do it (for free), and it just gives an extra sense of security.