Monday, November 21, 2005

When Maggie met...

I almost thought it was actually possible for a man & woman to be friends - then I remembered When Harry Met Sally... Its actually making me take a step back and examine my relationships with the few male friends I have (none of which I have ANY desire to have sex with - the thought makes me sick).

Harry: No Man can be friends with a woman he finds attractive, he always wants to have sex with her.

Sally: So you are saying a man CAN be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.

Harry: No, you pretty much want to have sex with them too.

(Thanks to Ordinary Joe for having this dialogue posted on his blog.)

1 comment:

Ordinary Joe said...

Despite my claims to the contrary. I actually do believe that somethimes men and woman CAN be friends.

It is just that it is FAR less common than I think most women think.

Also, so long as he is aware that it "just ain't gonna happen...ever", as long as the fact that he may want to (read fantasizes) doesn't fill you with dread, there is an even greater pool of potential male friends.

I think I fit into that last category with several women, that know, if given the opportunity, I certainly WOULD WANT TO, but under circumstances, feelings, attractions, etc. know it is not going to happen, so I am cool with that. And one that I have even had a discussion with on the subject (much like this one) was cool with the fact that she was an object of fantasy so long as I understood in no uncertain terms, that it was never going to be real.